A backyard pool is a great place to relax, entertain, and/or get some exercise. Unless it’s freezing outside. But, while you might be missing the fun and frolic you enjoyed all summer, now’s a great time to start thinking about pool remodelling and renovations. Just imagining how you can make your pool and yard even better will perk up your mood.
Put These Items on Your Pool Remodelling Wish List
Even the nicest pools can start to look tired after a few years. Fortunately, you don’t have to get a whole new pool. Instead, here are some remodelling ideas that can give your pool and entire yard a whole new look and feel.
- Spas – A pool spa not only improves your poolscape, it can give your yard a spa-like feel and yet another way to enjoy your pool.
- Refinish or Remodel the Pool Deck – The deck frames your pool. Just like changing the style of a picture frame can change the look of the wall it hangs on, updating your pool deck can make it all look and feel like you’ve installed an entirely new pool. New finishes or deck materials include, patterned concrete, interlocking stone, flagstone and natural stone.
- Add a Water Feature – A fresh, new swimming pool water feature, like a waterfall, stream or fountain, lets you enjoy your pool just by looking at it.
- Landscaping & Lighting – If you want to avoid any major renovations to the pool, but still want to update its look, landscaping around the pool and deck, complemented by landscape lighting, can improve the look of the pool dramatically, both day and night.
- A Safety Pool Cover – This one might not be as exciting as some of the others, but it can add to the overall enjoyment you get from the pool. Imagine the peace of mind you’ll get knowing that you’ve protected your family, friends and pets from unfortunate accidents.
If you enjoyed this post, check out our recent article about when you should replace a vinyl pool liner.